DAFI Tuesday - WGSN presents: Exploring sustainability and the apparel industry
09:00 til 10:00
What are the responsibilities involved in sustainability within the denim industry? What are the implications for customers? And how does it impact the environment?
On 14 March the global trend authority WGSN will take over DAFI Tuesday to zoom in on sustainability within denim. Denim director Dio Kurazawa will present on the impact of sustainability throughout the denim industry, from manufacturers to consumers and highlight brands that are great examples of working with sustainability.
Dio’s presentation will touch on:
- Manufacturers: the impact of sustainability for the manufacturers
- Responsibilities: what are the responsibilities involved
- Customers: what your customers should be aware of / why they should care about sustainability
- Environment: the impact on global warming
Dio Kurazawa, Director of Denim at WGSN has close to 20 years of experience in the world of denim from design, development, washing and finishing and fabric sourcing. Dio brings a vast amount of industry experience. He has previously consulted for Levi’s, Forever 21, C&A, Bestseller China, and Tommy Hilfiger to name a few. A passionate conservationist, Dio is very eager to promote cutting edge denim innovations that are not only trend driven, but environmentally sound.
When, where and how to join
- Tuesday 14 March 9.00-10.00
- Design Society, Frederiksholms Kanal 30-C, 1220 København K (eventlokalet)
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9 March (remember to inform your name, company, CVR no. and the title of the DAFI Tuesday)
- Participation is free of charge, as long as the company answers a show survey that is sent out afterwards